Education Leaders' Guide to...
The NAHT provides informative articles on the topical issues that are faced by school leaders today.
Many of the topics covered for this Education Leaders Guide includes...
- Guide to the SEND Green Paper - March 2011: This long-awaited, 134-page document outlines the Government’s proposals for supporting children with disabilities and SEN and their families. The publication of Support and Aspiration: a new approach to special educational needs and disability marks the start of a four-month consultation on the issues it considers, and educational professionals are encouraged to address the questions it specifically raises.
- Guide to the Schools White Paper - November 2010: This document, launched by Michael Gove in the House of Commons at lunchtime on 24th November 2010, covers most of the promises made by the newly-formed Coalition government for education back in the summer. Not all of the changes described in the 90 pages of The Importance of Teaching will lead to legislation in the near future. Several consultations are promised, including one on a national funding formula for schools.
- Guide to the Year: For busy school leaders, forewarned is forearmed. So we've revised the timetable we published at the start of the academic year to indicate, as far as possible, what developments to expect over the coming months.
- Guide to...the Spending Review: Schools in England overall appear to have done surprisingly well out of the Comprehensive Spending Review, with a tiny real-terms budgetary increase year-on-year during the next five years.
- Guide to...the Year Year Planner, timetable: What's coming up in this academic year? The educational landscape is likely to change during the coming academic year as the Coalition government continues with its plans to transform schools and the way in which they are organised. In this feature, Susan Young explores where these changes are likely to come.
- Guide to... BSF: Some answers to questions on the new Government's cancellation of the Building Schools for the Future (BSF) programme.
- Guide to... Discipline: The Government announcement that new powers will be given to head teachers, allowing them to search pupils, Susan Young examines this in further detail.
- Guide to... Free Schools: The Free School scheme is examined and explained by Education Journalist Susan Young
- Guide to... Academies: Answers to some questions on the new Government's approach to Academies and the detail of the process.
- Guide to... The new primary curriculum: The new Primary Curriculum is explored and explained.
- Guide to...mephedrone drugs and education: The myths and mysteries of the drug mephedrone are explored and exposed.
Explore the detail on any of the above subjects on the NAHT website.